- The standard filing time for a paper filing is 15 business days.
- The expedited filing time for a filing is 10 business days.
Articles of Incorporation
To form your corporation, you must complete articles of incorporation. You must include:
- your corporation's name and entity designator
- your corporation's principal office address
- the full name and address of your registered agent and all directors
- the total number of shares
- the full name and address of the incorporator
- Frequency: No initial report is due for corporations at this time.
- Frequency: Annually
- Due Date: Within 60 days before the formation date
- Filing Fee: $15
Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Complete and file IRS Form SS-4 to obtain a federal tax identification number for your corporation.
S Corp Selection
- Complete and file IRS Form 2553 within 2½ months of business confirmation, signed by a responsible corporate officer and all shareholders, for the corporation to be taxed as a pass-through entity.
*State fees and filing times are subject to change and are dependent on the Secretary of State's processing time.