- The standard filing time for a paper filing is 7 business days.
- The expedited filing time for a filing is 2 business days.
Articles of Incorporation
To form your corporation, you must complete articles of incorporation. You must include:
- your corporation's name and entity designator
- the full name and address of your registered agent and all directors
- the total number of shares and their par value
- the full name and address of the incorporator
Initial List of Officers
- Frequency: Once
- Due Date: At the time of formation
- Filing Fee: $150; $500 for the business license fee
Annual List of Officers
- Frequency: Annually
- Due Date: On or before the last day of the anniversary month of formation
- Filing Fee: A minimum of $150; $500 for the business license fee
Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Complete and file IRS Form SS-4 to obtain a federal tax identification number for your corporation.
S Corp Selection
- Complete and file IRS Form 2553 within 2½ months of business confirmation, signed by a responsible corporate officer and all shareholders, for the corporation to be taxed as a pass-through entity.
*State fees and filing times are subject to change and are dependent on the Secretary of State's processing time.