Do I need to register my durable power of attorney?

There are no requirements to register your durable power of attorney. In fact, most states do not have a central registry for powers of attorney. The exception to this is if your agent will be dealing with your real estate. In some states, in order for your agent to buy, sell, or mortgage property on your behalf, the durable power of attorney must be recorded with the County Clerk’s Office.

Was this helpful? /

Can't find what you are looking for?

Contact us here.