Do I need to file or register my partnership agreement?

You are not required to file a general partnership agreement with your state or local government. However, some states may permit you to do so. It is recommended that you visit your state's Secretary of State website (or similar business division website) in order to review any options they may provide. If permitted, there may be certain benefits available to partnerships that voluntarily register.

Was this helpful? /

Can't find what you are looking for?

Contact us here.